Government Affairs Rep- Beijing Job
Date: Feb 22, 2014
Location: Beijing, CN
Description:Government Affairs Rep- Beijing
Job Requisition Number: 38607
Beijing - CHN
Bloomberg's Communications/ Government department is seeking a Government Affairs Representative to join the team to assist in the development and implementation of strategies as they pertain to legislative and regulatory issues affecting Bloomberg in Asia.
- With sufficient understanding of our various businesses, the incumbent will research, analyze and make recommendations/draft option memos on legislative and regulatory issues which may provide threats or opportunities to our business
- Influence legislative and regulatory policy issues that could potentially impact Bloomberg
- Draft issue briefs, talking points, sample letters and correspondence on a variety of policy issues ranging from financial services to broadcasting
- Ability to conduct discrete research projects on pending issues
- Develop and maintain relationships with key officials in government, their staffs and various associations and organizations across APAC with concentration in the SEA or NEA
- Assist in drafting comment letters for regulatory agencies
- Attend and prepare communication from relevant hearings or open regulatory meetings
- JD degree preferred
- 5 to 8 years experience in Regulatory Agency
- Possesses excellent organizational abilities and can manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
- Must have existing relationships and networks with government bodies, treasurers, regulatory officers and relevant officials
- Has good interpersonal skills and is comfortable working in a non-hierarchical, multi-lateral management, team-oriented work environment
- Self-motivated, driven, organized, detail oriented, able to multi-task and excel in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to collaborate and partner; building strong lasting relationships
- Ability to balance immediate and long-term priorities
- Must possess strong communication skills, both written and oral, strong negotiation and consensus building skills
Bloomberg, the global business and financial information and news leader, gives influential decision makers a critical edge by connecting them to a dynamic network of information, people and ideas. The companys strength delivering data, news and analytics through innovative technology, quickly and accurately is at the core of the Bloomberg Professional service, which provides real time financial information to more than 315,000 subscribers globally. Bloombergs enterprise solutions build on the companys core strength, leveraging technology to allow customers to access, integrate, distribute and manage data and information across organizations more efficiently and effectively. Through Bloomberg Law, Bloomberg Government, Bloomberg New Energy Finance and Bloomberg BNA, the company provides data, news and analytics to decision makers in industries beyond finance. And Bloomberg News, delivered through the Bloomberg Professional service, television, radio, mobile, the Internet and three magazines, Bloomberg Businessweek, Bloomberg Markets and Bloomberg Pursuits, covers the world with more than 2,400 news and multimedia professionals at more than 150 bureaus in 73 countries. Headquartered in New York, Bloomberg employs more than 15,000 people in 192 locations around the world.
In the course of submitting your application, you will be providing Bloomberg with your personal information. You consent to Bloomberg using that information for the purpose of considering your suitability for employment, as well as for general internal statistical analysis and reporting purposes, including candidate activity and demographic reports. Bloomberg will process your information in compliance with applicable laws on privacy and data protection.
If we do not employ you at this time, you agree that we may retain and use the information that we obtain as part of your application process so as to be able to consider your application later if a suitable position becomes available and, if appropriate, to refer back to this application if you apply again. If at any time you no longer want Bloomberg to consider your application, please let us know at Careers- Feedback, in which case your information will be stored securely for no more than one year from the date of notification and access to it will only be made if and to the extent necessary for legal and regulatory purposes.
- to consider your suitability for employment;
- for general statistical analysis and reporting purposes; or
- to comply with legal or regulatory obligations.
Where required, your information may be disclosed to law enforcement, regulatory or other government agencies, or third parties where necessary to comply with legal or regulatory obligations or requests.
If you are offered a position of employment at Bloomberg, such offer and continued employment is contingent on the satisfactory results of both reference checks and a background search.
You are responsible for ensuring that the information you submit is accurate and up-to-date. You may review or update your personal information at any time using this site or by contacting us at Careers- Feedback. At the same time, by clicking 'I Agree' and submitting your application, you agree that we may use third parties to verify your information. However, we will not seek any additional data from those third parties without your explicit prior consent.
By clicking the 'Apply Now' button below you agree to the terms of the above Legal Statement.
Job Segment: Government, Governmental Affairs, Law, Compliance, Statistics, Legal, Data